Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Thrifty Friends


I have to tell you about my "thrifty" friend, Angela. She loves to use coupons but she has taken it to the next level with saving money!
Angela recently told me how she gets coupons without paying for the paper. It is a clever idea - she goes through recycling bins on recycling day and takes full sets of unused coupons! What a great idea! She also isn't afraid to go after coupon inserts in dumpsters - or "dumpster diving" as she calls it. While this might not be your idea of fun, it's a very "thrifty" idea to get coupons!

Today Angela called me to tell me how she found 4 sets of Sunday papers with coupons for FREE. She stopped by the local Florida Times Union (our local paper) office and asked if they had any extra Sunday papers. They had 4 copies they were going to throw away so they gave them to her for Free.
What is the old adage: What is one person's trash is another person's treasure. How true!

No comments: