This week, I am reminded even more that our children are truly a gift from God! The disappearance of Summer Thompson, the 7-year old girl lost and then found dead in Florida touched my heart and also infuriated me with the outcome. It was a little too close for comfort for me and my family - we live exactly 5 miles from where it all happened and my kids also walk to school because we live too close for a bus route. Let me say that I always walk with my kids.
A little reminder about how great it is to be a mom:
- The "baby smell" - you know what I am talking about! Oh, how I miss that smell because my kids are 6 and 4.
- Smiles and laughter. Children's innocent smiles and hearty laughter mean happy kids. Happy kids mean good days for moms. Good days for moms - isn't that what we all hope for?
- Excitedness. Kids get excited over the littlest things.
- Hand holding. I love that my 6-year old son still lets me hold his hand when we walk. I know this will end soon but for now, it's a great thing about being a mom.
- Teaching. I love that I can tell my kids something and they actually remember it. I recently told my son that the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. I overheard him tell his friend in the neighborhood that information. I loved that he remembered it!
- I am a hero! My kids want to be like me (at least right now). I am one of their heroes. Which one am I? Super Mommy, of course!
- It's the little things. My kids love the fact that I do "stuff' with them and for them. My 4-year old told me he loved me for taking care of him when he had the flu.
- Sleeping kids. I love to watch my kids sleeping, don't you? They are quiet, peaceful and still.
What do you love about being a mom?