Saturday, October 3, 2009

Music Review: Harry Connick Jr "Your Songs"

Recently, I had a chance to review Harry Connick Jr's new album, Your Songs for One2One Network. Since I love music and I love Harry, you can imagine how excited I was!

The Details:
This album is newly released (September 22nd) and our readers have probably already seen Harry promoting the album on Oprah, The View, Letterman and The Today Show.

On Your Songs, Harry performs classic songs by some of the greatest musicians of all time, with a full jazz big band and string orchestra!

Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):
All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)

You can visit the Harry Connick Jr website to learn more about his music and personal life.

My Review:
I loved this album from the beginning! The smooth sound of Harry's voice is unmistakable in this album. Even though he is performing other artists music, he puts his own special mark on the songs and it's wonderful to hear the full jazz band with the songs!

Harry has got another hit album on his hands with Your Songs. I found myself singing along and wanting to dance with my husband during many of the songs! I am sure you'll do the same! I highly recommend buying this album. It is a great "date" album for all couples.

You can find this album at any major retailer or on Amazon.




~ Written by Elizabeth

No comments: