Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Trip To Target - Spent $39 / Saved $44!

Yesterday, I went to Target and saved a bunch of money! I was so happy that I actually saved more than I spent. I spent $39 and saved $44 and got a lot of great things - of course all with coupons!

Here's a quick recap of what I bought. Sorry, no pictures this time.

I took advantage of the Fuel For School Rebate Offer from Kellogg's by purchasing all 10 items at Target. Click here to see my previous post about Fuel For School Rebate, which includes some printable coupons and details. I will be receiving my $10 rebate in about 6-8 weeks!
  • Kellogg's Pop Tarts - the 12 count boxes were on clearance for $1.58 (normally $2.99) - I think they must be repackaging these because I can't figure out why they were so cheap. All they had were strawberry, but that was fine because my kids love them! I bought 7 boxes because I had 7 manufacturer coupons for $.55/1 box. Net price was $1.03 a box - what a great price for 12 Pop Tarts!
  • Kellogg's Mini Wheats cereal - these were featured in their weekly ad on promotion for $1.88 (normally $2.99). I had 3 $1.00/1 coupons from Vocal Point so I bought 3 boxes. Net price was $0.88 a box - a great deal!
  • For the rebate, you have to buy 10 participating items. I purchased the above 10 items that qualified for the rebate and I spent $9.85 plus tax. I will simply submit my UPC codes, register receipt and the printable form and will get $10!!! I made money and got 10 products for FREE!

I also bought a few other items that could have been included in the rebate and were a great deal at Target so I thought I'd tell you about them.

  • Eggo Bakeshop Frozen breakfast items - these were on sale for $1.54 and I had $1.00 printable coupons. I bought 2 of these. Net price was $0.54 a box.
  • Morningstar - I used the Target printable coupon$2/2 and a manufacturer coupon $1/1 (by joining the Insider Club). I printed 2 of the manufacturer coupons so this was an even better deal! Each box was $2.50 and my net price was $1 (or $.50 a box).

I also took advantage of "stacking" coupons by printing Target coupons from the Internet and "stacking" these store coupons with manufacturer coupons. Don't forget that you can use Target store coupons and manufacturer coupons for one item - you can basically use 2 coupons for 1 item! Here are some of the highlights:

I love shopping at Target - I love saving money at Target, too!

~ Written by Elizabeth

2 comments:

Samantha Gianulis said...

You are my shopping heroine. Long may you save.

Save A Penny said...

I am continually looking great tips to offer my readers to help them save some moolah....especially in an economy like this. Keep up the great work and great advice